| Back | Forward |
BOOK IV. THE EXTERNAL MEANS OR AIDS BY WHICH GOD INVITES US INTO THE SOCIETY OF CHRIST AND HOLDS US THEREIN.
- Of the true Church. Duty of cultivating unity with her, as the mother of all the godly.
- Comparison between the false church and the true.
- Of the teachers and ministers of the Church. Their election and office.
- Of the state of the primitive Church, and the mode of government in use before the papacy.
- The ancient form of government utterly corrupted by the tyranny of the papacy.
- Of the primacy of the Romish see.
- Of the beginning and rise of the Romish papacy till it attained a height by which the liberty of the church was destroyed, and all true rule overthrown.
- Of the power of the church in articles of faith. The unbridled license of the papal church in destroying purity of doctrine.
- Of councils and their authority.
- Of the power of making laws. The cruelty of the pope and his adherents, in this respect, in tyrannically oppressing and destroying souls.
- Of the jurisdiction of the church and the abuses of it, as exemplified in the papacy.
- Of the discipline of the Church, and its principal use in censures and excommunication.
- Of vows. The miserable entanglements caused by vowing rashly.
- Of the sacraments.
- Of Baptism.
- Paedobaptism. Its accordance with the institution of Christ, and the nature of the sign.
- Of the Lord's Supper, and the benefits conferred by it.
- Of the Popish mass. How it not only profanes, but annihilates the Lord's Supper.
- Of the five sacraments, falsely so called. Their spuriousness proved, and their true character explained.
- Of civil government.
Main Index | BOOK I | BOOK II | BOOK III | BOOK IV
Back to Documents at CRTA